Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Baltimore Orioles!/Bolseros Norteños!

A couple of days ago, perhaps last week or more here in Costa Rica, I was wandering around my grandma´s "farm" taking pictures of plants and birds, or, pretty much anything I wanted to take a picture of. As I glanced to a huge, old tree next to my cousin's house I noticed this flock of particular birds. Nope, they certainly were not any bird, they just didn't look like it. When you have been birding for some time, you can identify a bird, or at least guess what family does it belong to only by glancing its general "outline" and behaviour.
I walked towards the tree to get a closer look. I grabbed my binoculars (did I mention that I usually always have my bins with me?) and took a closer look at the birds. There, was a flock of Baltimore Orioles, a bird I had never ever seen before. There were males, with their bright-orange feathers and jet-black heads. And the females, although not as bright and beautiful as the males, were just as equally lovely.
Of course, I didn't loose a moment to take pictures at the beautiful birds. Even though I had a hard time with this, I managed to take some decent pictures: See below for pictures
___________________________________________________________________
ES

Hace varios días, quizá hace un par de semanas aquí en Costa Rica, vagaba por la casa de mi abuela tomándole fotos a plantas y pájaros, o a decir verdad cualquier cosa a la cual me diera la gana tomarle una foto. Cuándo miré a un enorme y viejo árbol a la par de la casa de mis primos, noté una bandada de aves particulares. No, ciertamente no eran cualquier ave, simplemente no parecían serlo. Cuándo uno ha estado "pajareando" por un tiempo, uno puede identificar un ave o adivinar de qué familia de aves es solo con ver su silueta y/o comportamiento.
Caminé hacia el árbol para ver a la misteriosa ave mejor. Tomé mis binoculares (¿mencioné ya que casi siempre los ando conmigo?) y vi más de cerca al ave misteriosa. Ahí había una bandada de Bolseros Norteños (Icterus Galbula) un pájaro que jamás había visto. Habían machos, con su brillante cuerpo anaranjado y su cabeza negra. Y hembras  también, un poco menos vistosas pero igual de bellas.
Por supuesto que no perdí un momento para tomarles una foto. Aunque me costó un poco hacerlo, pude tomar algunas fotografías decentes:

Female/Hembra

Male/Macho

Male/Macho

Female/Hembra

Female/Hembra

Female/Hembra

Female/Hembra

Female/Hembra

Female/Hembra

==========================
-Cristina
---------------------------------------
All Photos/Todas las fotos: Me and must not be used without my permission/Yo y no pueden ser usadas sin my permiso

No comments:

Post a Comment